A recent report by Statistia anticipates a threefold lift in the e-commerce sales globally from $1.3 trillion in 2014 to $4.5 trillion in 2021. In Singapore, it’s predicted that the market size for the industry will grow to a staggering $5.4 billion by 2025.
Seeing those numbers above greatly means that there is huge potential in running your own e-commerce business. Comparing the local market with our South East Asia neighbours, we have one of the most advanced payment methods which benefit both consumers and business owners.
- 100% payable using SkillsFuture Credit
- Learn from an e-commerce expert who has sold more than SGD $4 million of products in Singapore!
- Up-to-date course modules
- Hands-on training
- A step-by-step guide to kick-start your e-commerce
- Actionable strategies you can implement during and after the course
- Structured curriculum developed by e-commerce experts with extensive experience in the Asia region
- Certificate of Completion
- After course support
About The Course
Our interactive 1-day workshop will equip you with practical knowledge and skills to kickstart your e-commerce business immediately.
Even if you’re completely new to e-commerce, after going through this course, you’ll have a good grasp of setting up your e-commerce online store and getting your first sale online.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the psychological mindset of buyers and sellers and work to your advantage
- Find one of the cheapest yet trustworthy suppliers
- Learn how to calculate the profit margin of your product
- Set up your own e-commerce store from various platforms
- Understand the best shipping methods for each product
- Learn how to manage your inventory
- Learn what products to avoid
- Apply technical skills to analyze and outsmart competitor
- Learn how to market your products with the lowest cost
Module 1 – Introduction
- Understanding the psychological mindset of buyers and sellers and work to your advantage
- The scalability of different platforms. Qoo10, Lazada Shopee and Carousell
- Exploring the categories of products which works best for you
- Understanding which scale of business works for you
Module 2 – Product Research
- Capitalise on proven data to analyze the supplier and demand
- Competitor analysis
- Profitability calculation
- Shortlisting of product categories to sell (FMCG, Electrical, Novelty, Food etc)
- Understanding the advantages/disadvantages of low and high price point products on your business
Module 3 – Sourcing
- Find one of the cheapest yet trustworthy suppliers
- Recommendation of contacts to bring products in for you
- Calculating the costing; (commission, hidden cost)
- Understanding the timeline for each product
- Learn about the products’ characteristic
Module 4 – Listings
- How to create enticing artwork for your products
- How to create good content
- Understand how to price your product
- Creating multiple tier options
- Discover the art of up-selling and cross-selling on your page
Module 5 – Shipping
- Understand the best shipping methods for each product. Self-pickup, courier or normal posting
- Explore various packing methods and labelling
- Learn how combined shipping can work to your advantage
Module 6 – Aftersales
- Learn how to effectively manage customer service and expectations
- Understand how refunds and returns work
Module 7 – Inventory
- Learn the know how to manage your inventory
- Using trends and data to manage the re-ordering quantity
Module 8 – Advertising/Marketing
- Discover which advertising channel is the best for your product
- How to set up the various marketing tools to attract traffic
Who Should Attend
- Business owners and entrepreneurs who wish to advertise their products in different e-commerce platforms
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who wish to start their own e-commerce business
- Existing digital marketers who wish to more about e-commerce
- Working professionals who are looking for a career change to the e-commerce industry
- Anyone who wishes to build an additional side income
- Basic computer knowledge
- Please bring your own laptop for the course (A laptop can be provided during training upon request, please inform us 2 days before the start of the course)
It is highly recommended (not compulsory) for participants to set up a Qoo10 seller account before attending the course as the process takes 3 working days to complete. There will be a SGD $100 (also known as 10000 Qcash) initial registration fee to start the account. This amount can be used for your Qoo10 store marketing in future.
More info: https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Member/RegisterSeller.aspx?isSellerRegProcess=Y
Post Course Support
- 6 months email support
- Able to re-attend the course at a discounted rate
Participants will receive certification upon completion of the course.
$500 (100% payable using SkillsFuture Credit)
- Minimum 4 to start
- The class size is capped at 10 seats (additional 5 seats are reserved for the needy as part of our company Corporate Social Responsibility)
Available Course Dates
- 29th Sept 2018 (Sat), 9.30am-5.30pm (full house)
- 14th Oct 2018 (Sun), 9.30am-5.30pm (full house)
- 3rd Nov 2018 (Sat), 9.30am-5.30pm
10 Anson Road, #29-06 or #36-05A,
(Above Tanjong Pagar MRT, take Exit C for the sheltered walkway)
You can view some of the frequently asked questions here: https://www.impossible.sg/skillsfuture-course-faq
In 2015, he left Groupon to start his own e-commerce business. He brought in different products from China and sold them on e-commerce platforms such as Groupon, Q10, Carousell, Shopee and Buy 123. The business grew rapidly.
In 2016, he set up a warehouse in China to cope with the rising demand. In 2017, he expanded his business to Taiwan.
Since his e-commerce entrepreneurship journey, Andy has sold more than SGD $1.5 million worth of products in Singapore alone.
We value your privacy. We never share your information with 3rd parties.
Note: You are liable under the Personal Data Protection Act if you key in false personal data or other people’s personal data.
Explore Our SkillsFuture Approved Courses
About Impossible Marketing
Impossible Marketing is the leading Digital Marketing Agency in Singapore. Our team strength is 20 people and we have a combined of more than 40 years of marketing experience. We are often loved by the media and are featured in:
Since our inception in 2012, we have successfully served more than 1,000 clients. Here are some of them: