What is Google’s thinking about links from article marketing, widgets, etc?
This video discusses Google’s current stand about getting links from article marketing, widgets, footers, themes and the likes. The speaker points out that Google has the same stand as before. However to clarify matters, he tries to be explicit about the subject matter in this video. In essence, he tackles on what Google really counts on more; links from widgets, etc. or those compelling links.
This video highlights the following points:
- When a person places a link in his site or doing a link, usually they are not editorially choosing to link with the anchor text. The person who made the widget decided on what the anchor text should be rather than the person who is doing the link. Google does not really trust this kind of link.
- You will find several similar or closely identical anchor texts from links provided by article marketing, widgets or footers. This is because these anchor links are what widgets or footers are embedded with.
- Lazy people might opt for short cuts. Hence, if they find an article, which has low-quality content with only a hundred words with a footer that has high-density keywords, Google would not put much importance to this kind of links.
- Google counts on links that are more compelling. This means that links made because a person or user finds the content of the site interesting is more favored by Google. At this instance, it is the person’s choice to endorse the link or the anchor text attached to the widget.
In order to achieve better SEO ranking you should:
- Obtain links based on what you find interesting and compelling. Optimize these links.
- Do not opt for shortcuts. Editorially choose the kind of links you place in your sites. Oftentimes, it is not the quantity of your links that really counts but the quality of such links.
- Create a compelling page that would entice more quality links. Building a persuasive content is what often attracts people to link to your site. Hence, increase your links and ultimately, your page rank.