A Guide To Facebook Advertising In Singapore: How To Get Started
Updated on: 25 February 2022
Facebook is one of the most used applications in the world right now, offering unique and vast opportunities for businesses to boost their digital marketing efforts. Are you reaching the right targeted audience? Is your image scaled to the proper dimension? These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself when creating a Facebook ad.
To do so, we have compiled a comprehensive guide and checklist to ensure your business gets everything in place for a successful marketing campaign.
Facebook provides several types of ads and placements. However, all options can be grouped into three categories:
1) Campaigns: The main theme of your marketing campaign.
2) Ad sets: The different groups of advertising required if you are targeting different aspects of audiences.
3) Ads: The actual paid ads within the specific ad sets.
Understanding the key terms that you might come across when first starting out, we can now dive into how to start running Facebook advertising in Singapore.
1. Create a Facebook ads manager account
Facebook ads manager is a tool that allows users a seamless overview of their completed and ongoing campaigns. It shows how much your business is spending each day on current campaigns and key results such as frequency and reach. Essentially, it provides users with an easier marketing performance report. Once you have properly set up your ads manager account, it becomes the main base of your advertising needs.
2. Choose an objective
Like any social media network, Facebook ads manager too is curated specifically towards the campaign’s objective. When you create an ad, the first thing that the ad manager will prompt you to select is the objective of your campaign:
- Brand awareness
- Increase traffic
- Lead generation
3. Choose your audience
Facebook ads manager has an audience definition gauge to show you the audience reach of your campaign. It takes into consideration your selected audience properties to give you an estimated potential reach figure. The audience definition gauge is split between specific, balanced, and broad.
Do consider your campaign’s objective when deciding the reach capacity. If you are a new business looking to build awareness, then reaching a broader audience might benefit. However, if you are looking to boost sales or increase website traffic, then you might want your campaign to target a specific audience.
There are two budget options that Facebook offers.
- Daily budget: Using this option means that Facebook will adjust your daily spending. This is recommended if you want your ad set to run all day long.
- Lifetime budget:For ad campaigns running for a certain duration, this would be recommended. Instead of adjusting according to daily spending, Facebook will pace how much you spend over the set period.
You can further customise your Facebook campaign budget by setting a set schedule, accelerating your delivery, or bidding for optimised reach – coming up with a Facebook advertising cost that you and your team are comfortable with.
5. Monitor ad’s performance
Once you have created your ad and have commenced the campaign, it is always essential to keep an eye on its performance. Facebook ads manager or a personal marketing software is two key ways to do so. Either way, you can monitor your campaign in four levels:
- Account Level: An overview of the performance across all your campaigns. Go to account overview on your ads manager, and you can see the general data of your campaigns.
- Campaign, ad set or specific ad: You can dive into either the specific campaign to see how the specific campaign is performing or if there are several ads set within the campaign. You can do so by selecting the specific tab within the account overview.
Facebook advertising is not difficult if you follow these simple steps. As mentioned earlier, Facebook is one of the most used apps in the world, which means that the benefits of running Facebook ads are limitless. If you are looking to utilise Facebook ads in your marketing campaigns but still do not know where to start or wish to avoid common Facebook ad mistakes, our team at Impossible Marketing can help you with that!
Not only are we a social media marketing agency in Singapore that helps businesses achieve successful marketing campaigns, but we are also a Facebook approved marketing company – meaning to say that we are recognised by the company for our competence and expertise. You can be assured that you are in safe hands when you come to us.
For more information on how we can help you achieve a successful Facebook advertising campaign, give us a call at (+65) 6208 8111!