Websites which have been around for many years are having trouble keeping their rankings because of the existence of new domains or websites. A fourteen year old website may have survived the tests of time, but this does not exclude them from the problems of retaining a higher SEO ranking. With newer and more modern websites coming into view, older websites are now facing the difficulties of staying afloat. Matt Cutts, head of Google’s search spam team explains that this is something that can be addressed easily.
Normally, the newer websites are having trouble maintaining their rankings, but from time to time, the more veteran websites are posting questions on how to co-exist and compete with the new ones on the web.
Here are the highlighted points on this video:
- Older sites have the tendency to relax and lose their motivation knowing that they have existed for many years.
- These sites need to stay focused on how to remain on top of Google’s rankings. Google does not favor you over the new ones just because you have been on the web longer.
- Websites, no matter how young or old they are should continue to be hungry for internet ranking success.
- Older websites should never stop learning new things.
- Older websites should keep their contents fresh by updating their templates, changing their looks and by keeping up with the demands of their readers.
- Such websites should make sure that they work twice as hard when it comes to marketing and promoting their websites.
In order to get higher SEO rankings, you should:
- Update your website on a regular basis. Readers and your loyal website visitors are looking for a create user experience. Constantly update your website by giving your users a fresher and a more user friendly experience.
- Check if your website performs properly and efficiently. No one wants to visit a webpage that tells its users of how old it is. Make sure that your site performs as fast as the new ones on the internet.
- Keep your content relevant and up-to-date. This will give you the right kind of web reputation. Your website will continue to be a really reliable source of information.
- Optimize your site by linking it to social networking sites. This will give your old site a more modern look. Target what the young web-users often use to browse and search for information, products and services.