Why isn’t my site’s PageRank changing?
Updated on: 3 December 2013
The video talks about Google PageRank that does not improves even after updating the site regularly with high quality content approved by editors and possible reasons behind this. So, let’s have a look at those possible reasons and what can be done to improve site’s PageRank:
- The important thing to remind yourself is that the Google PageRank Toolbar is only updated periodically although a few years back it was updated often while now it is updated few times a year.
- Moreover, with the passage of time the importance of Google PageRank Toolbar is getting less usage (coverage by Google) because recent versions of Internet Explorer don’t really let you install the toolbars that easily whereas Chrome does not even have the toolbar. Therefore, chances are that over time the PageRank indicator will probably start to go away a little bit.
- But it is also the case that Google updates this information only after every few months, so it takes some time for this information to show up after being updated.
- Another thing to bear in mind is that the regular updates and original high quality content approved by editors is not what PageRank is all about.
- PageRank is actually about the number of links to your site. So make sure that you have a good architecture (of links) with a Home Page with well linked static links going to the individual pages of your site. It can be something like a Tree-like structure that leads to the individual pages is a good example.
- Also, make sure that the pages that are really important are one or two links from your Home Page so that the PageRank is still relatively high there.
- It is also important that a lot of people know about your content and that it is high quality content because if a lot of people are linking to your site and those people who are linking to you have high PageRank then it quite likely for your site to have a high PageRank as well.
- So, it is not just the quality of the content. However, your content’s quality will be a determinant as how many people link to you and that will later determine your PageRank.
- PageRank does not look at the quality of the text (content) on your site rather it looks at the number of links and the quality of those links (how they point to your website).
Here are a few things as what you can do to improve your site’s PageRank:
- Keep focusing on updating your site regularly with high quality rank even though it doesn’t contribute to your PageRank, your content will be a determinant as how many people link to your site. So, it cannot be overlooked at any point.
- Improve the current structure of links on your site and make sure that the people linking to your site have either same or higher PageRank anything lower won’t be very beneficial for your site’s PageRank.
- Lastly, promote your content so that it gets proper coverage and more and more people know that your site has high quality content so they can link to it easily.
In our opinion, page rank may not affect much on SEO ranking. Moreover, there are about 200 Google components to calculate SEO search results and page rank is only one of them.