Nothing can be more disappointing and frustrating than seeing unrelated search results when users research specific topics on Google. This is the reason why people ask if Google has a definite plan of action when it comes to such issues or concerns.
This video provides an answer to the question posted: “What does Google do against sites that have a script that automatically picks up search query and makes a page about it?”
Highlights of Video
Matt Cutts, the head of Google’s Search Spam group provided a clear response to this query. To explain this in a clear manner, here is an example: If you search for “risks of drinking caffeine” on search engines and the websites you visit from the search engine results have no related articles but only full of advertisements. This does not add value to the users.
Matt Cutts aimed to point out the following ideas:
- Google is really concerned about these sites that have a script that automatically picks up search query and makes a page about it because they cause poor user experience.
- He also stated that Google has rules and guidelines about auto-generated pages that add very little value to searches.
- Google will surely take immediate action on these matters as they affect the users’ overall experience.
- Google allow users to send spam report or feedback if ever one encounters such issue.
- Web masters should disallow all such search results on the web from being crawled because these are just really auto generated results that provide very little or no value at all.
- Web masters should make sure that all search results are being controlled and properly sorted out to make sure that users will find all relevant results.
Google’s Webmaster Guidelines on Auto-generated Content Violation site the following examples that fall under this category:
- Texts generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
- Texts translated by any automated tool without human-curation or publishing review
- Texts generated through automated processes
- Stitching or even combining contents from different or several web pages without sufficient resources
In order to get higher SEO ranking your should:
- Website owners should make sure that they always follow all the quality Google’s guidelines.
- Website owners should ensure their articles are related to what users are searching for and it does add value to the users.
- Do not engage in auto generated or copied articles.