Does Google consider SEO to be spam?
This video is about how Google consider SEO; is it spam or not. Right at the outset, Matt Cutts in this video clarifies that Google does not consider SEO as spam. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it makes sure that your pages are well represented within search engines’ enormous amount of white stuff. Google believes that SEO can be used in a variety of ways. It could help users make their sites better but it could also be abused and overdone. SEO is very useful in several aspects and these should not be disregarded just because there are people out there who utilise SEO for hacking sites and other sneaky things.
This video highlights the following points:
- You can accomplish several things with SEO. It will make sure that your pages are crawl-able. If you want your site to be accessible and for people to see it by just clicking links, use SEO. It can also help you make search engines find your site easily.
- With SEO, you can make sure that people use the right keywords. This is especially important if you are using jargons and other Internet lingo. You can teach people the right keywords to use in order to access your site.
- You can enhance the usability of your site through the utilisation of SEO. You can ensure that the design of the site is good for this will be beneficial for the users as well as for the search engines. Helping with the initial site architecture, what your site would look like, the URL structure and the template with all that stuff which makes your site crawl-able all the way down to helping optimise for your return on investment.
- You can also use SEO in order to make your site faster. Google also use site speed in ranking as one of the many factors that they use in their search rankings. If you can make your site run faster, that can make a much better experience for users and search engines.
To enhance your ranking you should:
- Optimise your site with SEO-targeted keywords.
- If you do not understand how SEO works, you can take advantage of the beginner’s guide and manual for SEO beginners to help you out.
- Apply SEO in your architectural site to make it more usable and crawl-able. This will also make your site run faster which would be an advantage in terms of your ranking.
- Go for SEO targeted links to help your site be seen easier and better by search engines.
Thank you for reading our internet marketing blog.