Matt cutts share about what is the ideal keyword density of a page. It tackles the subject matter on whether the ideal density of the keywords appearing in a page should be 0.7%, 7% or 77% or some other number:
The video highlights the following:
1) There is no hard and fast rule to keyword density to be able to rank number better
Matt cutts strongly emphasized that there is no hard and fast rule when it comes to keyword density. This means that whether you mention your keyword just thrice or 77 times in a particular page, it could still obtain a good rank or not, depending on many other attributes. Hence there is really no ideal density or number of frequency of keywords that should appear in a given page. Furthermore, nobody can claim that by complying with the .07%, 7%, 77% or some other number, their page rank gets better.
2) There is no lone recipe in internet marketing that you can follow for keyword density help you get page rank
Yes, there is no one recipe which you can follow when it comes to keyword density. It’s not like as if you’re cooking a cookie and you need to follow a particular recipe so that you will be able to come up with the tastiest and yummiest cookie. There are many other factors to consider that also depends on a lot of things.
3) Be natural with the flow of keyword frequency
It is pointed out in this video that what might be of help when it comes to getting a better page rank is not keyword stuffing but by being natural. If you have to print out your page and read out loud its contents or have someone else read it, do it. Ask the one reading if there is some artificiality to the flow of the content or the keyword frequency.
4) Overstuffing your content with keywords is not an assurance that it will help you get a better page rank.
In order to achieve better ranking:
- Ensure that the keywords you choose should be naturally mentioned in the content or page, without sounding artificial.
- You should not flood your page with the keywords since it will definitely not help you obtain page rank.
- Make sure that your page is of interest to potential readers or clients. Hence, ensure that the content is of great value or conveys new information or knowledge to readers that will further help them in their own endeavour.