Is page speed an important SEO factor for mobile websites?
Mobile Internet users are expecting a fast loading time for webpages when they visit using their mobile phones. For website owners, they are looking into this matter as being a factor that affects SEO rankings and their overall online marketing strategy.
“Is load speed a more important factor for mobile? Is it really something that can change your rankings, all the things being equal?”
Matt Cutts, Google’s head of Webspam team, answer the question.
- Google uses page speed in ranking. And all things being equal, as per Matt Cutts, a slow website can rank lower than the rest.
- Google consider website speed differently depending on which part of the world one is accessing them. Thus, it is important to look at how other websites in your area load and respond. And if it turns out that your website is the slowest, it is possible that this is the reason why your rank lower.
- It is not only mobile page speed that Google is concern about, Google is also concern about the overall speed of a website including the desktop version.
In order to get higher SERP (Search Engine Results Page) ranking, you should:
- Test your website speed here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/. Make sure it passes Google’s guideline. Our recommendation is a minimum score of 70/100.
- Focus on optimizing your website speed for your mobile and also desktop version.
- Make sure that you optimize your website’s load or response time. You can retain site visitors if your mobile site loads faster.