What should I be aware of If I’m considering guest blogging?
Blogging has been one of the fastest rising means of Internet marketing especially SEO. Not only because users and the writers can freely express their thoughts and emotions, it is also a great avenue to generate more followers and visitors to their sites. Now, blogging also opens new doors for guest bloggers to post their comments and feedback on specific blog posts and the same time contribute articles on websites. Now, whether you wish to be a guest blogger or you are willing to accept guest bloggers on your site, it is important to know the dos and don’ts of guest blogging. Matt Cutts, Google’s head of web spam team, provides more information about guest blogging.
Highlights of this video:
- The concept of guest blogging caused a lot of doubt amongst users in terms of credibility and accuracy. Guest blogging sites range from those high quality down to those that offer low quality content contributions.
- Google will definitely take a closer look at how guest blogging sites operate. It is important that automated posts are avoided to make sure that the contents found on such types of blogging websites are reliable.
- Matt Cutts also mentioned that articles should not be spun in order to look different. Spun contents can be considered spam.
- Guest blogging should not be the only means to gather links for your sites. Email blasts inviting people to post on your website should also be avoided. This ensures high quality content at all times.
- If such sites are abused, Google will definitely take the necessary actions in order to ensure the best search results.
- Google regularly updates its data base and comes up with more effective spam detecting algorithms.
In order to rank better in Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP), you should:
- Be mindful of your web content. Even if you are seriously considering linking your page to your guest blogging site, it is still important to screen all your web contents and make sure you offer quality content that add value to other users.
- Build quality links to your website. Do not resort to spamming and duplicating content just to gather links for your site.
- Build long-term blogging partnerships. Do not just post or accept content just for the sake of having something on the blog. Connect with writers or bloggers that value their credibility as much as you value yours.