This video answers the far-reaching question on SEO: “Can sites do well without using spammy techniques?” Matt Cutts differentiates the “good guys” and the “bad guys” on the Internet and added that the image of the company depends on anybody’s perspective. However, as per Matt Cutts and the Google teams representatives’ perspectives, the good guys are those who never spammed and all the others either knowingly or unknowingly spammed content are considered the bad guys. Matt Cutts also says that the good guys who do not spam stand a chance against the bad guys who do spamming activities.
To better understand the topic, consider the following:
What is spamming?
Spamming is the act of sending electronic unsolicited messages by the bulk in order to advertise randomly. This activity is considered an abuse in Google’s view.
Highlights of the video:
How can the non-spamming guys stand a chance against the spammers?
- Google team walks the extra mile of ensuring that the non-spammers will be protected and supported against the spammers.
- Google provides a lot of valuable information to the non-spamming good guys about practices that are within the standard guidelines of the Google’s Webmaster giving them the stronger chance to prevail on the SEO ranking.
- If a certain company has already done spamming but is considering cleaning up and doing the right thing, they must undergo the long process of removing the spammy inbound links on their page and submit to Google a reconsideration request.
- Google team always finds a way to fight spamming activities. They ensure that the line between the things you do outside their guidelines to rank well become thinner and smaller.
- Build links that survive the test of time. Matt Cutts suggests spending your valuable time in figuring out getting hard links better than focusing your time on searching for fast links.
- Before outsourcing to an SEO company, make some researches on their background, check their references, and let them explain in detail what they can do and what they should do for you.
To get a better SEO ranking, you should:
- Create a page containing valuable, unique and original content in order to avoid spams and have a good chance at search results and page ranking.
- Do not ever do spamming activities since is it illegal with Google to do so. If you are found to be spamming, your web page or website could be disapproved. This could result to the downgrading of web pages.
- Abide by Google online marketing guidelines and rules to avoid the tedious and long process of cleaning up your website.